Carrot Weather released a new update today. The release brings a new daily widget design, updated server-side maps, new secret locations, and a range of bug fixes.
Carrot Weather received its major 5.7 update in June with a new layout style that consolidates weather forecasts into easily consumable maps, a handy dual-pane radar option to compare map views, improved tracking features storms, new secret locations, and more.
Now the popular weather app gains some extra features, new secret locations and lots of bugs with version 5.7.1 released today.
The main new feature is a new daily widget chart design:
Other changes include improved customization for the Today section, 2 new secret locations, syncing of high scores between devices, improved details on server-rendered maps, and much more.
Carrot Weather is available on the App Store as a free download for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. Premium, Ultra, and Family subscriptions are available as in-app purchases to unlock all app features.
Carrot Weather 5.7.1 Full Release Notes:
- The Daily widget now displays as a graph if the first data point location is set to anything other than “none”.
- Added wind gust data point option for Daily widget.
- Added option to display date in Daily section (available for all styles except vertical chart).
- Added “simple” and “graphical” styles for the Today section.
- Added 2 new secret locations.
- New secret locations now become available at midnight instead of 24 hours after completing the last one.
- High scores now sync between devices. Additionally, data downloaded from widgets will now count towards your high scores.
- Interrupted forecast streaks will now automatically restore if you check into the app for 7 more consecutive days.
- Improved level of detail on server-rendered maps (used in the Map section of the Weather tab, Home Screen widget, and Apple Watch app).
- Improved speed of home screen widget and Apple Watch temperature updates.
- Improved error messages throughout the application.
- Improved colors when high contrast mode is enabled.
- Fixed themes cannot be selected in some cases.
- Fixed theme changes not updating map background colors when using map layout style.
- Fixed weather tab was scrolling to the very bottom on some devices using map layout after refreshing data.
- Fixed online hourly details in the Current Observations section being misaligned when using the map layout.
- Fixed the daily horizontal stack not being inserted correctly when using the Map Style.
- Fixed missing summaries in Title + Summary headers when automatically switching between Smart Layouts.
- Fixed map layout not scrolling up when performing a fast data source switch.
- Fixed some rendering issues in the layout gallery.
- Fixed inability to move map when sidebar is hidden on iPad.
- Fixed Storm Cell time labels rendering upside down if the cell is moving south.
- Fixed storm cell path rendering issue.
- Fixed map markers close to the UI not moving the map to prevent the marker legend from appearing behind the UI.
- Fixed radar layer sometimes disappearing after automatically switching between light and dark modes.
- Fixed a crash with storm cells when viewing individual radar stations.
- Fixed crash on iPad when opening storm cell details.
- Fixed a crash with the alerts screen when some rarely used alerts are currently active.
- Fixed weather alerts not appearing in some cases if the user is right next to a county border.
- Fixed lightning strike notifications using the wrong distance units for some users.
- Fixed several areas of the app where moon phase icons were not inverted in slots south of the equator.
- Fixed a crash when searching for a new location.
- Fixed a crash when changing locations.
FTC: We use revenue-generating automatic affiliate links. After.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: